turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be different for different species and locations??
I could keep Eastern Long-necks in room temperature water as they are native to my area.

Greebo is right, longicollis are a coldwater turt, although they tolerate higher temps. mine are at room temp 25c now and around 12c-15c in winter and still active though feeding less. Further I never let it rise above 25c and some would say thats too high, I use frozen water bottles to keep the temp down in warmer weather. I might just add that the higher the temp the fasterthe metabolism, much the same as snakes/lizards.
Constant higher temps are not good. Cb turtles commonly kept at higher temps, (and fed too much) grow too quickly, this can lead to long term problems.
What species Ashley?

hey mate, yeh young turtles like to be kept warm all year round and only alloud to cool down after their second year. A water temp of 22 C can be maintaned by using a aquarium heater. also turtles keep warm by busking, a rock or somthing for them to busk on is good, under a light globe at a temp of 25 and 30 C. hope this helps you mate....rusty99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back