Uluru Woma Death ( warning graphic pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what it is like to lose a snake and I feel for you, however I do not think it can be placed back in the seller's lap.

nah im not blaming the breeder at all to be honest i did send an email asking a few questions

but waited till i had calmed down abit first, unfortunatly for me it was very much hidden untill it was too late, in one of the pics you can see a slight lump about 3/4's the way down her body. That was never visible befor or i would have got it checked out asap.

So yeah unfortunatly a very hard lesson learned but this is the main motivation behind this thread to show what can happen and hopefully save a few people in the future. Another reason why i have not named the breeder.

i have had a few PM's in regards to this and can assure you all that she did not come from SXR and i have quite a few of there snakes and never had an issue, infact the 2 males i was putting over her (at differant times of co****) were both SXR line uluru's

Although sad such an informative thread. I am terribly sorry for your loss but at the same time it's something that would be completely out of your mind to think of retained ovums. definatley something for everyone to think of when purchasing snakes at breeding size and that have obviously bred the season before. I just hope that it is an uncommon occourance for anyone's sake as losing a snake close to you is hard let alone losing a snake you are trying to breed from. I hope things pick up for you and that you find a female half as good as that beauty to continue breeding such a rare beaty of our country.

Although sad such an informative thread. I am terribly sorry for your loss but at the same time it's something that would be completely out of your mind to think of retained ovums. definatley something for everyone to think of when purchasing snakes at breeding size and that have obviously bred the season before. I just hope that it is an uncommon occourance for anyone's sake as losing a snake close to you is hard let alone losing a snake you are trying to breed from. I hope things pick up for you and that you find a female half as good as that beauty to continue breeding such a rare beaty of our country.

Good point, Never though about that when buying breeding size adults

Just giving this thread a bump, as I think it is extreamly useful info for all.
If your a breeder get an ultra sound done on your female 2 weeks after she has layed.
No one should lose a prized animal in the same way Brent has.
Although this is no fault of Brents.

Wow really interesting,

thanks for sharing, sorry about your loss.

Although neither parties fault, morally if i had sold it, i think i would reimburse at least half the funds (to help cover vet costs and to purchase a new female)

Mrs I

xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back