Unwanted comments.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Some low life on here is adding some less than wanted comments in my album anonymously.Like "RESIZE YOUR PHOTO'S DUMBO" and another joke I won't repeat on here. The email was [email protected] and [email protected] so you can see the mentallity of this person. Anyway send him or her some unwanted emails to see how they like it. Or better still the low life could own up and come over and talk about this situation. :twisted: Oh and personally I think the photo sizes are pretty good.

Mate I have heard from some other members having similar problems with their galleries as well. I wonder if there is anyway of the moderators stopping none members or at leaset non-registered email addresses making post or comments on this site? Bloody Hotmail addresses.

Yeah well I have plenty of time on my hands to p##s him off.It is simply rude and very gutless IMO.

I think the email addresses are the dummy ones that you can type in under your user name.
Maybe SJ can block comments being added under this alias.
If the comments are signed by a username, you wouldnt get rubbish comments.

Adam, you change the settings in your album to stop the abuse, it's all in the drop down menu ... don't recall if it's in permissions or properties though.

Cheers mate. I am computer illeterate but I'll give it a go. Worse thing is this prick knows my last name and it isn't in my profile.Creepy.

Yeah it's in permissions but I can't work out how to change it. :x

Highlight NOBODY on the left panel of the permissions then hit the appropriate arrow pointing right and save .. if this doesn't work, the gallery is still buggered

Yeah it must be cause I haven't got NOBODY as an option ,just all the members names.I will try again but cause after your last suggestion I found my original album. 8)

RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS DUMBO......lol.....what an unusual thing to say.....obversly the person that sent has a very slow computer (like his/her brain) and cant handle the imige.....he/she must be a member so maybe the guys running the show can find who owns the email address???

come here so that i can tighten that screw...ya moron

There is no obligation on members to resize a photo uploaded to the gallery. I've uploaded quite a few large files myself from time to time. This is particularly useful in the unlikely event that someone may want to download one of my photos and print it, as the quality will be better if the source file is large.

It's unfortunate that it is a slow download process for those on modems. However, there is a solution for them : It should be fairly obvious that when you open a large picture, that it is taking a long time to download. If this is a problem, simply click BACK to abort the download. For those of us on broadband (which is the majority of users) it's not a problem.

I'm familiar with both of these email addresses, as this person tried to apply for membership here using them, and was rejected. And yes, the system automatically records the IP addresses of ANY postings to this site, and this includes comments to galleries and other areas. Therefore it's in your best interests to use a little common sense and courtesy.

As for permissions : be a little careful what you change here, but you do have the right to do so. When the list of names is displayed, scroll down until you see NOBODY.

End of discussion.

I am on modem and run a pentum 3 (yes I know catch up with the times..lol) and I dont have any probs with down loading....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back