"Updated" symbol in For Sale ads to counter excessive bumping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

niggz

Reaction score
I think something needs to be added to 'For Sale' postings to let people know if the ad has been updated. And by updated I mean something has changed from the original ad, like photos have been added or the price has been changed. This could be as easy as an "updated" symbol or some sort of text next to the ad title when it appears on the main page, similar to the "sold" symbol that can be added.

Alot of the time genuine ads that have had the details changed get lost in the long list of ads that get bumped every day or several times a day with no change to the original listing. If people knew the ad had been "updated" rather than just bumped I think potential buyers would be more inclined to look at the ad rather than just think "That ad has been bumped AGAIN". Quite often an ad can be placed and in no time at all it has disappeared to the 2nd or 3rd page as a result of all the bumped ads above it.

Any thoughts?

If every one followed the " One bump per 72 hour " rule there would not be to much of an issue .

Good idea though , i often update my adds and would use it .

if people put ALL the relavant info, and a pic or 2 in the 1st post alot of that could be avoided.
but i think dicky's onto it, 48 or 72 hours min.

if people put ALL the relavant info, and a pic or 2 in the 1st post alot of that could be avoided.
but i think dicky's onto it, 48 or 72 hours min.

I often sell more than one snake , so like to notify if 1 sells ....and i can not edit the original so its the only way to do it .

The 72 hours is all ready a rule on here ...

17. Members may "bump" their posts no more than once every 72 hours. A "bump" post is defined as a post added by the thread starter that does not add any meaningful information to the existing thread.

17. Members may "bump" their posts no more than once every 72 hours. A "bump" post is defined as a post added by the thread starter that does not add any meaningful information to the existing thread.

yes thats the rule. If you find a member bumping excessively within this 72 hour period then click the red triangle icon in the top right hand corner or his post and report it to a moderator.

But admins don't seem to enforce it :x

we cant be everywhere corey.. we have lives too :D and cant be patrolling on here 24/7..
theres hundreds of new posts on here every day. If you want the rules to be followed and enforeced then you need to give us a hand and flag any inappropriate posts, threads or something you feel breaks a rule.. that gives us a heads up at least.

half the time when we do enforce the rules we get abusive messages from the user in our pm inbox.. its a no win situation for the mods.. where damned when we enforce the rules and damned when we dont :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back