uploading word docs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie

Reaction score
Hey SJ or anyone else who can answer:

I have an MS word document that I would like to put on the APS site somehow. Its a combination of text and pics.
Anyone know how or what I can do? There might be a way around it I'm not aware of.

Cheers.

Article

Hi.

I'd try saving it as HTML before uploading it - select Save As, and then select HTML format. If your version of word supports it, select View, Web Layout. This will give you an idea of what the finished item will look like when it is formatted in HTML.

If you don't have a recent version of Word that supports HTML, you could email it to me and I'll convert it for you.

P.S. On further testing, it doesn't appear that the system supports pictures within articles. However, it does support URL's, so you'd have to post your pictures into your gallery, I guess, and link to them there in the article. If you send me the article, I'll have a go at setting it up for you if you like. :eek:

Alternatively, you could save the whole document (pictures included) into a PDF or an image file format, and load it as a picture.....

At least, maybe you could.....

Would this work? I am slowly (very slowly) puting together a document with pictures that I would like to load up here, and until this post came up, i hadn't thought about if it would load or not....

Maybe also you could load the document into your gallery and just put a link to it?

:-(

Sorry Dan, but a PDF file won't work either (I just tried it). :cry:

An image file would work though, as a .JPG, which, as you say, could be linked to easily enough. However, it wouldn't be in the articles section. But you could certainly link to it in a forum post.

For longer articles like this, I may just install the "Sections" module. It allows for all sort of cool stuff. I think that it would suit this kind of article.

I will try doing so this weekend.

:)

Ah! The voice of the master! Sounds good, SJ! Welcome back! :lol:

SJ - How did we go with this? I would like to post up a word document about converting cupboards into enclosures (a kind of DIY manual for herps.... It's complete yet, but is 70% done....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back