Urgent bearded dragon help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya - I am thinking (which hurts :-D) you are going to need to seperate them asap and they will both need uvb and heat ... and a bigger tank... ask dad/mum to take you to some garage sales and see if you can find an old cabinet to convert. all you would really need to do is give it a good scrub out and put some vents/holes in for air and glass with some runners. or buy a big fish tank ! you can pick up pretty big ones for cheepish and it could be a half way house so you can organise something a little more suitable. try looking at garage sales for cheepies. up here our local dump has a buy back shop where you can buy other peoples stuff they have brought to the dump but is still good - maybe you could find something at a place like that. just give it a good clean out first.

Up here our local dump has a buy back shop where you can buy other peoples stuff they have brought to the dump but is still good.

I didn't know that! Do they have much good stuff for sale?

Sorry, back to the beardies.

LOL yeah they have some goodies but you have to get in early - Buy-Back Shop - 37-51 Lyons Street, Portsmith (within Portsmith Transfer Station)
Gates - Open 8:30am - Close 5:15pm (Thursday to Sunday)

People aparently line up at the front to snatch all the good stuff haha also check out cairns buy swap sell on face book ;)

It doesn't sound like you looked into this much before the purchase mate. I do suggest that you start reading about behavior and husbandry requirements now so that you can either prevent or be prepared for any hurdles that arise, this will help to keep your animals healthy and save you money in the longrun.

Also have a think about the environment the lizards are now living in, it is a confined space so they dont have the freedom of movement and access to different temperatures that they would in the wild, a good example is that it's quite possible to cook your reptiles if you leave them in direct sunlight. Thus an animal living indoors (even in its natural locality) will still require heating.

An option for your enclosure issues is to get one large enclosure that you can put a divider in the middle of. That way you can run them as 2 different enclosures, if money is tight you might find something suitable on ebay. Make sure you stay aware of the temperatures when you start using heating, thermostats are great way to prevent overheating the enclosures but good quality ones can be expensive.

thanks every one i have decided to make an out too enclosure thats much larger than the one I've got or i might buy one.

thanks

I've got an indoor enclosure with a heat lamp uvb light and it is 4 ft long

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back