Urgent need of suggestions!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hi guys, gals and others :)
Just picked up a lovely new snake this arvo from the airport, brought him home and sat him on his nice new heat tape etc. Fine so far, then, dumb Bugga that I am, I decided to modify the set up and totally stuffed my heat tape :(
Do you guys reckon I'd be OK putting him in a click clack and into an enclosure with an adult gravid Childreni or would it stress him too much?
It's only overnight as I can get it set up properly again tomorrow when I can get the necessary bits. He is probably around 45cm long.
Thanks guys, gals and others.

Africa, You shouldn't have any problems with doing that. The main thing is to just keep it warm. You could leave it like that for days with no ill effects.

Thanks for that Bob, I owe you one :) The thing I was worried about was the Childrens crawling over the click clack and stressing the poor little bugga :( Thanks for the quick reply :)

Africa, again as long as the Childrens is not making contact there should be no problems. By the way, I hope you have airholes in the clickclack, otherwise there may be problems

Could you put it in a pillow-case inside the click clack to remove that visual barrier? Of course the smell and heat sense of the other snake would still be present, but it may help???

Simon Archibald

Proper quaranteen has completely gone out the window here... but anyway, I don't think being in a tub in your spotted python's cage would stress the new snake out at all. I've raised baby snakes in tubs inside the cages of large snakes with no trouble, not ideal but when you're low on space it works well and I certainly never saw any signs of stress.

Simon:
Thanks Simon, don't want to do that as he spent enough hours in a bag today already what with the plane trip car transport either end etc. But I do appreciate the suggestion.

Bigguy:
Thanks Bob, yes I have airholes in the click clack, it is one of the ones I used for my hatchlings last season.

Africa, thats good then. I find they do have troubles holding their breaths for long periods of time :D

Roflmbao bigguy :)

Thanks Sdadge

Cruel sod Sobby :)

Thanks for all ya help guys and gals, (dissapointed no"others" decided to help), but I did a quick stint out the shed and built an enclosure to put the clicky in. Wasn't really happy with breaking my rule of giving 'em all their own space.
Thanks all, once again APS has come up trumps for me :)

Good point about the quarantine by the way Sdadge, but he was quarantined for at least an hour in the car on the way back from the airport and I am sure he got some of the overspray from my addiction to sniffing Top Of Decent as well. That should make it safe eh? :twisted:

"Girls, guys and..................Others???????????????????????????????" :D
Have you been chatting with little grey aliens lately Afro??? LOL :D

I currently have a Jungle living in a click clack, in a carpet python enclosure. The carpet goes to sleep on top of the click clack...

Fuscus said:
africancichlidau said:
...dissapointed no"others" decided to help...
Bigguy said it all, nothing more needed to be said

I wasn't having a go at anyone Fuscy, it was a tongue in cheek attempt at humour :) And, like most of my attempts at humour, it failed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back