Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrightson

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Greystanes, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
this is a warning to all those who have out wanted adds out there. there have been large numbers of scamers from countries like nigeria how are trying to scam you out of your had earned my buy responding to your wanted adds. what ever you do DON'T give out information unless you are 100% sure it is not a scam. one of the main thing to look out for is if they dodge answering your questions and are extremly pushy. i had one respond to my add for baby shinglebacks and said that she had 4 babies and was giving them away free to good home. she said she was located in WA and said that the post would cost $220 dolar and as soon as i hinted that i knew something was up they said good bye. luckily i didn't give out any details but people should be sure not to give out any details. this person posed as a greaving widow who's husband just died leaving her the animals. they stop at nothing to steal money from the unsuspecting and trusting of Australia. so this is just a heads up to all thoughs reptile owners who could be at risk.

Yeah i've had so many of these happen to me and they NEVER negotiate price they always say "i will pay your asking price" bla bla..key things to look for are if they ask to pay via PayPal and when they say "I am buying this for my <insert relation here> who lives in some country and this is the address to ship it to. give me your PayPal details and i will transfer the money now."

And yeah like wrightson said they always dodge your questions and are extremely pushy.

Pretty pathetic i reckon, you get all excited about making a sale and it turns out to be a phoney let down.

Ah well, if people are willing to hand over their money to some woman because she needs to buy a plane ticket from Nigeria to Australia they deserve their money taken.

That's very harsh. They may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but certainly wanting to help out someone, and believing it's not actually their own money they're handing over, does not mean a person deserves to be robbed.

There's a great site that gets revenge on these scammers, it's called 419eater.com (419 being the legal code these scams fall under).

I was looking for a WA BHP at one stage and had various wanted threads up in this and different sites, I have one person send me email stating I have a WA BHP Female and sent me pic of a puppy. another person was in NZ a woman said her sons BHP had babies and there were 6 and she wanted $500 each but she wouldn't answer questions and I'm like you are aware you arn't allowed to keep snakes over there right and we cant import snakes from out of australia, that was the last I heard from her. then there was another guy who said he had a WA BHP but the pic of miniture and I found it on the net in pic's of bhp's on google and he wanted $800 for it, he was very pushy I'm like don't lie to me I am not dumb it is a pic off google and he got all gressive and told me I was being a waist of time...or what ever.

do people really think we are stupid?

we should all travel over to nigera and start culling them all, who's up for it??? we can go next week. just give me your credit card details and ill buy a ticket for ya on the same flight :p lol just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back