Variation.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sara_sabian hatched out 2 tanamis that appear to be very white and both had very pink heads.

Orange - Yellow = Pink

Axanthic = -Yellow

So Orange + Axanthic means Orange - Yellow which means Pink.

If it were me I'd hang on to those womas, they could be axanthic, and if they are you could use them in a breeding program. If albino womas are discovered you could even make "snow" womas. With womas, the xanthic is the base colour of cream/yellow, else it is white. So an albino axanthic would have a pink head, and be white and pink pattern. Very nice.

I think you have no idea. They would not be axanthic (mine certainly isn't, because of the head which is obvious) I very much doubt Sara's would be aswell, I've hatched baby womas with very light heads, some sort of pinkish, they just turn out lighter or it colours up later.

An albino axanthic would be all white, if you got the dobule homo (snow) you would have a virtually white snake, everything black on the normal type is white on the albino form, considering the snake is only black and white (if it is genetically an axanthic) you have a pure white snake once you combine the two. Baby albinos hatch a muddied brown looking pink(carpets olives are pinkish also), an albino version of womas would probably have a pink head when hatched but it wouldn't stay that colour.

Haha, yeah you took the words out of my mouth no2. Some people will try and argue the point no matter how wrong they are. Oh well, ignorance is bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back