Venomous license

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I want to apply for my class2 category1 venomous license but I need some experience first, do you guys know off any courses I can take in NSW, im located in Penrith or will anyone out there take up some time to teach me any information will be much appreciated I need two written references from appropriate qualified people to say that I have experience when I do get experience with venomous snakes, thanks.

ok i'll add a question to that.

If i have a class A license here in vic and own some adders, can i just transfer to a venomous type license in QLD and take them with me?
or do i have to go through the proper channels, and wait?

Kee

Deano,

join a herp society out your way and talk to a couple of members who keep elapids. If you show you're keen maybe they will show you correct handling techniques and you could prob give them a hand feeding and cleaning their cages once a week and then they would be happy to give you a reference.

Hawkesbury Herp society is out your way and I know their are quite a few elapid keepers out there (they run the WIRES ven reptile course).

cheers

Jonny

Hi guys,
If anyone is from around the Penrith area and can help me out, as Jonny said ill help clean the enclosures and you can show me how to handle venomous snakes properly and what is required to take care of these snakes it will be much appreciated, in the mean time I will inquire about the Hawkesbury herp society, much appreciated.

I suggest look up the australian reptile parks number in the phone book.
Then ask them for phone numbers for venomous snake courses simple as that thats how i gain my know ledge on reptiles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back