Vents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_k

Reaction score
Does anyone have or know of a website to pick up some decent vents! Not really the easies thing to google. Most of the time if ya find something decent, it's from overseas!

not a website but bunnings or any hardware place does them to excess...

Thought someone would say bunnings haha, only live in a small city so no bunnings and not much in the hardware stores. That's why I'm looking for a website

I'd check bunnings.
I got some great ones years ago from Mitre10.
They are louvred and already had fly screen built in.
They just screw on.

let us know what you come up with.

Again bunnings is a no go and have looked in mitre 10. So far the best I've found is in the hafelle catalogue but you can't buy from them over the net

Are your enclosures timber? Do you own a router? Maybe you can cut them into your timber, like mine here..
033-4.jpg

Are your enclosures timber? Do you own a router? Maybe you can cut them into your timber, like mine here..
033-4.jpg
Nice, unfortunately it's laminated particle board so would be difficult to seal =S

You can always improvise - perforated sink drain covers make good vents and are supercheap, but if you're looking for something fancy and have a larger animal, brass vent covers are pretty!Solid Brass Ducted Heating Vent Covers 1st Quality | eBay.Although having read your above comment, they may be too large.
Thanks for the input, not a bad idea with the sink drains! But probably might use that when I make a cheaper enclosure

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, not a bad idea with the sink drains! But probably might use that when I make a cheaper enclosure

I'm planning to cover mine with filed-down (non-antique) horse brasses, just to up the prettiness factor in the new tank I'm making. You can varnish the brass if you don't want it to tarnish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back