Virides needs to know how wide your glass panels are :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How wide are your panels of glass (Multiple Choice)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virides

Ok so I know we have been getting feedback from you guys for months now and we have shown you the fruits of our efforts recently in regards to the sliding track. At the moment I am now officially going into the pricing phase (finally).

What we need to know from you is how wide is your panel of glass (1 of the panels, not both panels). Our manufacturer has informed us that the most cost effective way to deliver these tracks is to have a set of sizes that work for a range of sized panels. For Example, we make a 325mm carriage that suits panels of 325mm to 475mm, if your panel is 480mm it would go upto the next size of 475mm which suits panels upto 625mm, and so on.

This way we can cut down significantly on cost as we are cutting standard lengths which can suit a variety of panels without having to be customised to each order.

How about we make this a lil competition - vote and we will randomly pick from the voters and you can receive your choice of 2 small Antaresia(Snake) or Bassiana(Lizard) Sliders to apply on your glass panels!

Virides - Stylish Enclosure Enhancements (Antaresia)

Virides - Stylish Enclosure Enhancements (Bassiana)

One entry per person, multiple votes do not equal multiple entries but we still appreciate multiple votes for our data.

Entries close September 25, 2011 at 11.59pm AEST

Bump,

Anyone with panels nearing the larger end?

Voting doesn't have to mean you are interested in the system, we would like to see the x-section of what people have out there :)

Mine are around 812mm-813mm if i measured it right lol, i measured 1 panel left to right.

I am working on a conversion at the moment too so will have different measurements for that glass as well that will be a smaller size.

Last edited:
Mine are around 812mm-813mm if i measured it right lol, i measured 1 panel left to right.

I am working on a conversion at the moment too so will have different measurements for that glass as well that will be a smaller size.

The system we are providing best suits new enclosures, however can be used to convert existing enclosures. The only thing is that the glass panels of existing enclosures would need to be trimmed down to suit the system. This is something that is expected with any form of conversion.

The system we are providing best suits new enclosures, however can be used to convert existing enclosures. The only thing is that the glass panels of existing enclosures would need to be trimmed down to suit the system. This is something that is expected with any form of conversion.

What i meant was is that i am working on an entertainment unit conversion into 2 enclosures lol, sorry for the confusion. I don't know how big my glass panels are going to be yet because i haven't sorted that out yet, it's all in pieces at the moment :lol:

What i meant was is that i am working on an entertainment unit conversion into 2 enclosures lol, sorry for the confusion. I don't know how big my glass panels are going to be yet because i haven't sorted that out yet, it's all in pieces at the moment :lol:

Sorry, I was actually using what you said as an example to say that conversions with our system require resizing of panels and that if you choose to use the system, that what you are converting to at the moment would need to be re-trimmed. Whether you choose to or not use the system that is fine. Was just clarifying that it is not as simple as installing the new track - there are some modifications required to allow it to work.

Thanks for your input none-the-less :)

I will have to do some measuring and see how big i want my glass to be, this system sounds good though so keep us posted please :)
I haven't thought about how i am doing the doors yet or anything, i got a low line entertainment unit and pretty much pulled it apart completely and haven't had time to strip the varnish/stain off it, sand it back, re-stain/polish, and re-assemble it the way i want it yet so by the time these are available i should hopefully know.
Thanks for letting us know about having to modify things as well and no problem with the input :)

Given the numbers we are at now, we will be stocking track systems to suit 325mm to 775mm. The larger sizes will be made available after we have adjusted the system to suit the larger loading and have determined a large enough requirement that warrants a second batch from the manufacturer.

Given the current situation we are looking at having these available for order within the next month.

Almost there :D

Any chance of some photos or drawings, as I’m re-building an enclosure for small monitors (gillens) aswe speak, I have been looking at the Lincoln sentry showcase track, however the gap between the glass panels in theirs appears rather large which may provide escape options

cheers Pete

Any chance of some photos or drawings, as I’m re-building an enclosure for small monitors (gillens) aswe speak, I have been looking at the Lincoln sentry showcase track, however the gap between the glass panels in theirs appears rather large which may provide escape options

cheers Pete

Ours has a gap of about 7-8mm however we provide a strip that closes up the gap a bit down to about 4-5mm.

No drawings at the moment sorry - will release these closer to official release.

The point of difference to the track system you have mentioned is that ours self closes at a defined distance. and has allocation for grit removal, etc.

It's the last day so get your votes in if you want to win!

=============================================
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO FROSTY

You have won!

You have a choice between 2 x Small Antaresia (Snake) Fingergrips or 2 x Small Bassiana (Lizard) Fingergrips. You can even have 1 of each if you wish.

You have also been contacted via a PM.

Thanks to all who have voted so far, but continue to vote as it will help us determine our next step.

Thanks to all who have entered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back