Wandering Beardie!!! First escapee!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This morning i opened up my beardie enclosure (front sliding glass) to put in some daily dose of fresh veges and being still half asleep i forgot to close the glass and left for work, upon coming home, i noticed the front open and had a look to see if he was asleep under his log (which he usually is) but he wasnt. As my place is quite small i knew he couldnt have gone far but i do have lots of hidey holes under things he could have ventured into. First place i checked was my bathroom, and voila, there he was soaking it up in a bucket under a tap. Poor little guy was freezing, but he is now soaking up the rays back in his enclosure. Oh, and he left me a nice little nugget on the carpet too!!! Heres some pics of where i found him.
escapee2.jpg

escapee1.jpg

Cheers, Alan.

Lol Escape from Alcatraz! Go Beardy! Lmao. :D Your Damn lucky the bucket wasnt deeper! :shock:

Yeah that thought had crossed my mind Inny. Its empty and upside down now.

Just incase i forget to close his door again at some stage. :p

even know his cold he looks quiet happy in there lol
glad you found him.... ive done that a few times now and sh** my self every time... i have not lost any yet "touch wood"

I have an acckie on the loose so far no joy
any suggestions people?

leave a trail of food to my house... :wink:
check in under the fridge and freezer thats the most common spots other than washing macheans
leave a couple of pinkys around the house it should smell them and come out

any suggestions people?
I had two Gillens on the loose. I searched for over a week and was resigned to the fact that they were gone. Luckily I ended up catching both of them within two days in different locations. I tried putting bits of mince out in different locations and checked them on a regular basis. I didn't expect to catch them that way just to see if they were still around. Strangely though they never touched it but it might be worth a try.
Another method which I have tried, again without success but you never know, is to put some roaches into a dusted container with a hole in the top. The idea being that the escapee jumps in for a feed and can't get back out. Calcium powder works a treat for this.

great looking beardie, happy you found him. how did he get in there with out tipping the bucket over?

I dont know, he is pretty light so the weight of the water would keep the bucket steady for sure. He is a great jumper so i think curiousity got the better of him this time round..lol

We had our beardie out one night, forgot about it, remembered at about 8pm and found him resting on a fake chicken on the coffee table where he was. forgot again (he doesn't make much noise like the kids). Remembered in the morning and there he was, still resting on the fake chicken. Beats me why they need a cage any bigger than a fake chicken!!!

I lost one for 4 weeks and found him last weekend in one of the kid's bedrooms. Who knows what it ate or drank in that time. God knows how one of the cats didn't eat it. I didn't expect to ever see it again so it was a nice surprise.

G'Day, Escapees are always heart stoppers Great to hear you found him!!!!! Oh and peterjohnson64 umm, I'm so curious ummm, Why do you have a fake chicken on your coffee table???

Shewhomustbeobeyed said:
any suggestions people?

Yeh found him on top of the curtains sunbaking about 20 minutes ago, lucky for him the parrots hadnt spotted him, had near on givrn up cause was last sited going into a wall cavity. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nice work Sherman, i had that exact thing happen to me the other night. I left the door of my bredli's cage open and found him crawling around my room the next morning. This has happened twice before, luckily i have been at home and have caught them fresh after their escape.
Still bloody lucky though...
Cheers Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back