Want to teach me something?? :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in Victoria and have plans to become a hobby based snake breeder, I've owned a snake when I was a kid but I would not call myself a experienced snake owner/breeder. So if anyone wants to be my mentor or even throw me some advice or guidance I would appreciate all the help!
Joel

Welcome Joel. A good place to start is by reading the 'Ask Doc Rock' articles on the Southern Cross website. There is a lot of good advice about keeping and breeding snakes. Pick something you love and work to get the very best stock for breeding. It is not a great way to make money, but it is an interesting process to observe and it is satisfying to go from a hatchling pair to a clutch from that pair.

Buy 'Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons' and APS can be your cyber mentor.

I'm head over heals with the Albino Darwins, while I'm having patience saving for them as they look expensive it gives me time to learn and prepare :)
Thanks for the tip everyone seems to talk about that book.

Check out the Darwin thread in Australian snakes to see the variation in albino Darwins. Figure out what you like and get stock with those characteristics. They are very easy to keep and breed. The price has come down heaps, so much more affordable now.

Hi and welcome to a informative site there are several good resource points as the ones above or even just google there are numerous care sheets available on about every different species of python.Your not the only one head over heels with albino darwins there the most stunning snakes available here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back