wanting to buy a snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxcyeah

Reaction score
hi all.. am new to all this and am looking into getting my own snake.. dont know much about everything but would love any advice that anyone can give me thanks :)

Hi there

I would probably suggest getting some good books, Keeping and breeding australian pythons is a good one, you can get it from the herp shop online, Has info on individual species and there requirements.

hey there! just got my first snake a week ago. talked to the guy selling it and he said its better if you get the snake that you want, not a snake that other people thinks its good. you know what suits you better and with the right research and lookin around, pretty sure youll do fine! =)

License

Welcome to the site.

A good start would be applyign for your license. Then grab yourself some decent books.

If you are relatively close to a reptile club join one. It's well worth the money. You meet great people full of knowledge and it's the perfect place to meet breeders which will enable to get upfront info and generally much better prices.

Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons by Mark Swan is a good book I hear.

I definately agree with Snakelove, When I was getting my first snake everyone was saying not to get jungles for first snakes because they're too snappy, well, despite what everyone said I went and got one and I couldn't be happier with him. Look at some Australian Pythons in the Gallery, just go for the one you like best :)

have u handled a snake before? are u okay with giving your snake thawed out mice/rats ?
other then that id say so some research on the type of snake your wanting to get .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back