wanting to know the laws and rules for reptiles in South Australia.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pena11

Reaction score
hey guys just wanting to know the laws and rules for reptiles in South Australia.

i am aware that you can have one reptile without license.. i am just wondering whether that is ever or if the reptile dies i could come and get another one??

cheer

One per adult in a household is able to be kept without a license. Currently we dont have a license as one snake belongs to me and one to hubby.

This was what I was told when we applied for the license and they told me not to bother and "waste the money" until we were planning on getting more.

We are applying for one now as we are getting more snakes and some dragons :)

Its about $60 for 12 months. Licenses expire end of June each year unless you have paid for a 3 years license. If you apply now for a license I think its $35 and again expires end of June.

If you have one reptile and that one dies then yes, you can get another without requiring a license still. Basically its that you are housing 1 reptile without a license. If one is dead you are no longer housing it so it doesnt count anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back