water dragon eggs HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjaffa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HELP PLEASE!!!today i got a call to go and pick up a water dragon. the poor thing got clipped by a car, it had multable breaks and fractures throughout the skull area. it was humainly euthenasised.
I could feel eggs in its tummy area. i made an incision down the middle and got 15 eggs out.
NOW WHAT TO DO??? i have pulled the eggs out of the ovary sack. will these eggs still be good they seem to be well formed
what sould i do try to incubate or is there no point.

There would be no harm in trying I say......It can't hurt....
If you do try keep us updated as to how they go...

i tried with some beardy eggs a friend found on the road next to a dead (hit) beardy. (they got squeezed out)

they didnt make it, but she had no idea how long they'd been on the road for,...

well worth a try i reckon,...

i dont have an incubator is there some way to use a heat mat and and spagnam moss stuff. like put the moss and eggs into click clack container and put it on heat mat, few holes in container for bit of airflow. OR how does one make an incubater that is simple, quick and not to expensive??

cheers. whats the best way to look after the eggs temporally while i track down materials and build this incubator.

You dont need an incubator, you just need to get the humidity right and keep them in a room that keeps a reasonably stable temp.
Either use squeezed out sphagnum moss or perlite/vermiculite mixed 1:1 by weight with water.
Also keep the eggs the same way up during the incubation period, do not turn them at all or the embryo may die from drowning in its yolk.

I reckon they have a good chance. I have successfully incubated Eastern Bearded Eggs from a female already dead on the road, they took much longer than average incubation time and some failed, but in the end I got a bunch of hatchies to release where the dead female was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back