water dragons and turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi im just wondering if it would be possible to house a murray turtle and a water dragon together in an outdoor enclosure when they are adults?
thanks

My Eastern Long Necks had 6 babies in the Eastern Water Dragon enclosure last year. The water dragons might have as well if only I had a male.

G'Day Mate......
Keep the turts well fed otherwise a swimming Dragon looks like food looking up into the sun.... Speaking from experience DON'T PUT YEARLING DRAGONS IN WATER WITH ADULT TURTLES YUMMY

put a basking spot or log a bove the water, high enough so there tails dont get eaten and they should be fine
Mick

sounds good, its cause i want a water dragon and i want a turtle but i dont want two out door enclosures. just curious for the future.
also do people heat their outdoor enclosures with a heat cord or something in a large hide so they can hide and keep warm in the colder weather?

Can Eastern Beardies co habitate with those two species as well??

I don't have any heating for mine Jason & I am way out in western sydney where it gets bloody cold in winter and they do just fine.

so do you think it would be ok in penrith to go with out heating?

Definitely mate, you have both species living in the river. I am at Catherine Field just down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back