Water feature pic heavy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks so awesome mate! Keep us updated

Just a suggestion to possibly improve filtration & give your dragon another high place to perch....

Temporarily take out the waterfall feature & then place your filter in the corner & then pile up the gravel/pebbles around it.
Now you can rest the water feature on top & hook up the hosing to the top/back of the water feature.

The gravel will act as a filter, the raised waterfall will be higher for the dragon to climb & lastly you won't have the filter exposed.

Hope this helps.

Great suggestion I was thinking of something like that but it just worked out a lot easier with the filter out front. I'd have to cut a hole in bottom of the water fall for hose to go through, not allowing me to use it by itself iif I ever want to again. Also I though that with all the pebble and rocks piled around the filter to support the waterfall would be really dense and the suction wouldn't be enough? Particularly because the waterfall has to almost be completely out of the water as it starts floating lol! It's sitting on three pieces of slate now. What do you think?

Even now after its pumped through the waterfall it's not draining straight into the main water area, rather its flowering down the back and side and going through the rocks which seems to be doing a good job of filtering...

If any one is interested i can take a video and post it here..

Oh and I just added some Red cherry shrimp!! So excited. But due to this my bigger silver gold fish that was in der had to be moved out.. So now he's nice and happy in my girlfriends take. Pic bellow :)

reve2uba.jpg

No good photos of the shrimp yet. There's seven of them :)
apa5aga5.jpg

Great suggestion I was thinking of something like that but it just worked out a lot easier with the filter out front. I'd have to cut a hole in bottom of the water fall for hose to go through, not allowing me to use it by itself iif I ever want to again. Also I though that with all the pebble and rocks piled around the filter to support the waterfall would be really dense and the suction wouldn't be enough? Particularly because the waterfall has to almost be completely out of the water as it starts floating lol! It's sitting on three pieces of slate now. What do you think?

Even now after its pumped through the waterfall it's not draining straight into the main water area, rather its flowering down the back and side and going through the rocks which seems to be doing a good job of filtering...

I'd maybe then permanently silicon the water feature to the glass at the ideal height required (you can always scrape the silicon off but yeah may damage the back of the w/feature a bit) to avoid it floating. AND/OR MAYBE too, push the water feature forward & place the filter behind, in the corner & still cover/hide the filter with gravel.

If you're worried about the suction of the filter weakening buried in the gravel, then maybe use ceramic rings (used in canister filters) & even a small bag of charcoal & then cover/disguise them with the gravel. The ceramic rings will aid in good bacteria growth to break down any waste & the charcoal will neutralise toxins & odours.

Maybe also you can control how the water flows down by siliconing pebbles (upright) to the edge of the water fall to control the direction of the flow.

BTW I'm the guy in Maroubra you're mate got the 6ft tank from. How's his turtle going? What the set-up like?

I'd maybe then permanently silicon the water feature to the glass at the ideal height required (you can always scrape the silicon off but yeah may damage the back of the w/feature a bit) to avoid it floating. AND/OR MAYBE too, push the water feature forward & place the filter behind, in the corner & still cover/hide the filter with gravel.

If you're worried about the suction of the filter weakening buried in the gravel, then maybe use ceramic rings (used in canister filters) & even a small bag of charcoal & then cover/disguise them with the gravel. The ceramic rings will aid in good bacteria growth to break down any waste & the charcoal will neutralise toxins & odours.

Maybe also you can control how the water flows down by siliconing pebbles (upright) to the edge of the water fall to control the direction of the flow.

BTW I'm the guy in Maroubra you're mate got the 6ft tank from. How's his turtle going? What the set-up like?

Ah explains why ur name was so familiar!

Ok that's awesome I'll looking into doing that!!

Ye turtles good he actually has two now.. Last time I went over he was redoing the tank but I haven't seen it yet so not sure. Ill have to get him to send me some pics.

P.s there's a few green tree frogs available on pet pages at the moment. Dunno if ur still looking?

I got three red eye tree frogs coming soon too.

Heh yeah I'm all good with my frogs. Cheers.
Got 4 red eyes & 6 GTF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back