Waves Hello

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sensations

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi every one,

'bout time I introduce myself, I am in Victoria, 43 year old mother of 3 that has just gone and brought herself a first lizard! Yes I know at that age I should know better!:D The kids for years have had blue tongues and southern geckos but I just got brave enough to go buy my first Beardie. As much as I love the Bluie's they do hiss at me and I do a panic so I got my license and got my very first lizard a dragon (central) she is just perfect for me. Now daughter wants one, almost desperate, but my girl isn't tolerant of others (lizards reason I got her) so you all know what that means another emclosure and another lizard!!!:rolleyes::evil: Looking forward to meeting you all.

Paula

Welcome, love the beardies post pic's of your girl.

hI Sensations. I'm 49 and just got my first and then second snake after wanting one for many years. Now I'm an addict lol.
I have a Tanami Woma and a Murray Darling python, both beautiful, as I write this my Woma is cruising around my arm.

Hi Sensation
I'm also 43 and been keeping reptiles 35 years , your never too old to start
Good luck
Colin

Oh wow! I am rather stunned at your response! Thank you for the welcomes... I am simply stunned!

My girl is in the lizard thread macj81 it seemed a good start lol As I said she is very plain but I love her dearly, is she to skinny do you think? Any tips gratefully received!

Hi and welcome, its never too late to start. I just got my first snake at 49. Perhaps we should start the oldies club LOL. Pretty good photos too :)

Curly56 I totally agree we need a 'oldies club' ;) Glad I am not the only oldie that was or is a newbie. Curly I love your ute *drools all over keyboard* Nice to meet you all and thanks for the warm welcomes.

OK well you wanted pictures so you will get them first is my sons Eastern bluie
Xian080.jpg

Daughters Blotched (the piggy)
Xian117.jpg

Xian133.jpg

And of course Xian my girl
Xian140.jpg

Last edited:
I also have a pair of Southern Marbled Geckos but as yet don't have pictures of them. Sorry to for the quality of photos I take shocking pictures lol

Thanks cosmic, what do you keep? Any pictures for us to drool over?

I kept all sorts of birds and animals when I was a kid, but Mum said no snakes. When I married I was told... no snakes. Now that I'm almost 51, single, and very likely to remain that way... I decided it was time for me to get that snake!

So yep... count me in as a member of the oldies club too! 8)

cosmic lovely babies you have there I am very jealous, I am the same as JupiterCreek, Mum said no snakes, Hubby says no snakes and as yet not single so for now no snakes would love one though. One day maybe if I want to be single :) In the mean time will have to put up with the menagerie I already have.

Nice to see we have a good start to the Oldies club.

I'm lucky, my other half accepts that I'm addicted lol. He likes the snakes, so no worries there. I also have dogs, cats and birds included in the mix. I had all the animals except for the snakes when we met, so he knew what to expect.
I'm proud to be a member of the oldies club lol

Welcome aboard the herp train, i dont think there is any stops!! its just a matter of gaining reptiles... you beardie looks great got some nice colour to it as well be sure to post some more pictures in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back