We found this baby?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFox001

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what species this snake is? We're building a new house, currently under construction, so not fully enclosed and he/she slithered in.

Wondering as it was quite small how many others could also be about?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Note: Hope the file attached as I am not sure how to do this in this forum.

Attachments

• Baby Snake.jpg
    Baby Snake.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 262
where abouts are you located?. would help us out a bit more :)

We're in Ceduna, South Australia.
It was only probably 8 - 10cm long and looked juvenile but I have no idea. Is it only a baby and if so can we expect to see more of them?

I have a dog and cat and don't want to dispatch them if they will do no harm.

Its an Aprasia, [parapulchella?] Pink Tailed Worm lizard?
Did you find it around Canberra NSW or around Bendigo Vic?

Definately a legless Lizard 100 %, 1 of the Aprasia family, nice find.

At Ceduna it will be Red Tailed Worm-lizard Aprasia inaurita The SA museum may be interested in your find!

Its an Aprasia, [parapulchella?] Pink Tailed Worm lizard?
Did you find it around Canberra NSW or around Bendigo Vic?

Ceduna, South Australia - does this count it out as a pink tailed worm lizard?

Yes, Pink-taileds [Parapulchella] have to date only been found around Canberra and Bendigo

Yours will be full grown, It may well be rare in your area, thats why I suggest yo reprt same to SA museum!

Yours will be full grown, It may well be rare in your area, thats why I suggest yo reprt same to SA museum!

Wow - that's cool. Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully we have some more on the property. We gave 46 acres and haven't removed any of the habitat and don't plan too. We are planting more trees so hopefully more creatures will come to live.

Thanks again.

If by 'dispatch' you mean kill, please don't! Just look at the little thing, it is adorable!:D

We are building boarding kennels and cattery on the property and your all going to flame me but we did dipatch/kill a 6 foot brown earlier in the summer. There is no-one around her to relocate and they can't stay on the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back