We have the honor of Dr. David Kirshner speaking at the VHS meeting Sept 21st!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
:D "David came to Australia from Canada over 30yrs ago, originally to carry out research on crocodiles but he has always had a fascination with goannas. He has been keeping and breeding Lace Monitors in his home for several years, which has allowed him to observe their behaviours up close.
A keen photographer and videographer, David has kept a detailed visual record of his monitors and will be using many of these photographs and videos to illustrate his talk.
His talk will be divided into two parts:
Part 1-'Captive care of Monitors'.
Part 2- 'Breeding'.
Although many of the images and videos will be of Lace Monitors, both talks will contain useful information for keepers and breeders of all monitor species. Where differences occur between Lace Monitors and other species, these will be highlighted."

Come and join us for a very informative evening, along with the usual entertaining auction, refreshments including pizza.;)
For more information: Victorian Herpetological Society

bump......

Last edited:
Wow you guys are lucky. I'd love to meet him in person. Maybe he should come to a talk at HHS as well... ;)

OMG! this will be awesome im definitely going to this one :)
although ive never been before.

I saw both those talks at the Gold coast Reptile Expo this year and had the pleasure of chatting to Dave for a few hours after his talks..

tell you what, as an experienced reptile keeper, i was amazed at how much i took away from his talks..
He was brilliant in both the extent of his knolledge on Lacys and how approachable he was after the talks

VHS are lucky to have snaged Dave for their meeting and i urge all who have any ambition of breeding or housing monitors to come along

Thanks for that najanaja! I am quite excited to meet David.
As the HerpTrader I have 'spoken' with him lots through the yrs but have never met him face to face! AND he and I were born / bred in the same (smallish) city in Canada! :D Very special!

So pumped! I love monitors above all other reptiles, and I think that APS and any members keeping or wanting to keep monitors are very fortunate that crocdoc takes the time to post here. And don't get me started on those YouTube videos... Regardless of the 3am starts for work (or the 3pm finishes!) I WILL be there!

Trader,

Will a transcript of david's talks be available through the VHS website at all? For those of you attending, your all buggers, and I hate you:)!

Can we get him to do a AHS meeting too? He lives in Sydney right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back