Website promoting!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cyber_crimes

I decided to post this so I am not the only one being warned.
I feel if this is a regulation/rule of APS then let everyone be informed of it.

Hi Cyber!

A few people have commented on your promotion of your website, so the topic was raised in the moderators' forum.

Basically, we have a web links section, and that's where advertising should go.

SJ's and Slatey's decision was :

A member should have the right to notify others once of his web site. They can also have a link in the "Web Links" section and one in their signature. Any further promotion will be counted as advertising and members who do this should have their post deleted and be offered banner ads or site sponsorship.

So..... if you could abide by that, it would be appreciated. I hope you understand.

MY REPLY:
I have just done a search through APS and have noticed that these are the only threads I have mentioned my website within a post.As you will see I only posted subdomain (societies) pages in regards to info other members have wanted in regards to herp societies.I have however posted my site for an item I was selling,but as Slatey once said in a post "it is ok to post a link from a thread to the classifieds section within APS" which I did,but also added my website subdomain as the item was also listed there,if this is a no-no then by all means delete it.The only other time my site has been mentioned was by other members posting a link to something on my site that was relevant to a question being asked etc. (I doubt we can stop all linking within posts) or by myself asking for information for my site in chit chat forum.I have also discussed progress of my site within the chatroom (general discussion or answering a question etc).I feel I havn't done any promoting here. <Edited by Moderator> I do promote my site through the weblink section and my signature but that would be all.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1046

http://www.aussiepythons.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1012

http://www.aussiepythons.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=975

http://www.aussiepythons.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=864

http://www.aussiepythons.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=874

<Edited by Moderator>

website adds

lol john.. ( not laughing at you but laughing with you )
i know exactlt whats running through your mind at this stage. been there done that. I was accused of alsorts of advertising gimmics because i figured it would be nice to give a few reps away via the site. even had entusiastic members try to get the taxation dept involved lmao.

just a word of somthing..lol dont try and defend yourself as this will just make the problem gat even further into the rediculas basket.
i no its hard to do but ignoring it makes it go away lots quicker..lol
good luck paul.

:)

Reasonable attitude all round.

I really don't think it got, in any way, out of hand, but it did raise the issue so rules could be decided on. This has now been done and we now know where we all stand - better for everyone, I think.

The Forum Rules in this section has been updated. It might be worth a read for everyone!

Cheers! :eek:

Hi John
I have no dispute with you regarding your posts. Moderators in the forum asked what we should do about web sites promotion people publish in the forum. I think that idea to let everybody know about there web site in the forum once and put it i to links should be ok. After all, if people have site address in signature, that should be fair enough publicity.
In your case i think you did all in that manner anyway.
I like to read your posts and hope that you will not take thinks personally.

Paul i don't remember to attack you for any of this ewer. I always respected you and newer asked you to removed anything from forum or links. If some individuals rebel against anything, just think about the majority of us who are easy going people with tolerance and who are here to enjoy.

Lot of times good intentions are misunderstand, and i hope that you all know that i like everyone to enjoy them selfs.

:lol: Written in slateman's english. :lol:

Hi Slatey,
As I told David and Nicole in pm I was in defensive mode at first in regards to the pm I recieved as I thought there was accusations made against me personally.Nicole and David both advised me that this wasn't the case it was just a discussion made in moderators forum in regards to advertising personal sites in general and I was used as an example only.I posted this thread so fellow members also knew the new rules that had been discussed and finalised by your self,SJ and the moderators.I have no problems here and have no issues abiding by the decision made concerning promoting websites.I should be flattered that yous all talk about me in a private forum lol.... :)

You are right we talk about you a lot mate as you are one of our most active members and this means most important one.
I am glad all is on right track again

Slatey old boy, I don't think Paul meant this particular site was the one where he had the problem with the promotion thingy. But there again, I could be wrong :)

I hope that you are right afrofish. I would not like to upset nice people. :oops: Some times my english translation is incorrect.

Don't worry Slatey, Paul's referring to me (et al) and the competition thing, not you.

website adds

hi slaty...no way was i talking about you or any member of your family. you folks have been nothing but helpfull with every aspect regarding this site.

lol snarf nice of you to stick your hand up but you were far from the lone ranger..lol
cheers paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back