?? weird behaviour??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwaka_80

Reaction score
what do u reckon he is doing in the pic? i assume its getting defensive? he just got biety the last couple of days... i fed him i found **** in his tank so was getting him out to clean his cage he cut sick at me and reerd up and started swaying... why is he acting like this, he wasnt aggresive at the pet store... i gave him 2 pinks , the guy atthe pet store said they fed it 1 pinky a week, its 6 months old could i have overfed it? could he still have **** in its stomach waiting to be passed?

I'd say just clean the poo then leave it for a few days to let it settle down more.

what do u reckon he is doing in the pic?

looks like he's just showing some defensive aggression and will probably grow out of that behaviour soon. That enclosure seems a little large for an animal that size, so I'd put in several hides for him to use, so he doesn't feel so vunerable in there and to give him more privacy. I'd also not handle him too much for a while and let him settle in and get used to his cage. That snake also looks a bit small (to me) for 6months old.. I would be offering him 1 or 2 fuzzie mice or rats (instead of one pinkie) once a week.

yeh thats wat i was thinkin, i got him out with a pillow case so not to stress him out more and clean his cage out, i put him back in and this morning hes sleeping under the newspaper ill rpot how he goes over the net few days

colin i was thinking of trying a pinky rat as imo rats are more nutricious, do you think i should get him on rats or stay with larger mice?

This is his home now and hes is being territorial, plus that fact that this is how most behave after they have had a feed.

I don't think a pet store would sell a taipan :wink:
It looks like a mac, children or stimmie to me.

He just wants to kill you kwaka...nothing to worry about :D

colin i was thinking of trying a pinky rat as imo rats are more nutricious, do you think i should get him on rats or stay with larger mice?

I would try him on medium fuzzie mice first and after a few feeds then progress to a either a bit larger fuzzie or feed two medium ones, or else at that stage try him on appropriate size fuzzie rats and see how he goes.

Personally I prefer to get young snakes onto fuzzie mice or rats (something with some fur) rather than keep feeding pinkies.

yeah good one rennie its a childrens, the plants are real snakeman, and there is plenty of hides for him

where is your heating. try paying around with a few more hides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back