Weird !!! the vanishing page !!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moreliaman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just having a small problem, dosent bother me but i'd like to know why !!

Ive just replied to a topic that was about 8 pages long, after i'd posted the reply instead of refreshing the page so i could see my post at the end ....it went straight to a page saying : No posts exist for this topic

also sometimes if i see a topic, which lets say for arguments sake is 7 pages long.......i click on the 7th page & again it just comes back with : No posts exist for this topic, but if i were to click on page 6...everything would be fine !!

anyone ??

It happens every now and then to me too but if you try again later you can always get there eventually I find.

It is just a software glitch, happens on this forum template everywhere. For some reason the page counter sees an extra page. You will find, as Moreliaman discovered, his post, which was the last post in the thread, was on page 7 and nothing actually existed for page 8. As soon as someone posts a reply, the glitch sorts itself out.

(Although, I did notice on that thread, Deb64 got the glitch, then Moreliaman got the same glitch.) :p

Anyway, if you get the 'no posts exist for this topic' message, just roll back to the page before it and you will see the last posted reply there.

:)

It has to do with posts being deleted. The software counts the pages as if they were still there.

and the moral of the story here........
violent073.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back