weird way of incubating..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarky

Reaction score
hi, my mates beardies had eggs yesterday but he didnt have a incubator or n e thing ready cause he thaught they were both males:? lol so we got a shoe box n got river sand made it a bit damp.. put it in the box n pu the eggs like a lil under the sand jus so u can see the tops. n put the box in a lil fish tank with a cover over that n with a 8 watt heat matt under the shoe box lol its sitting at about 29 1/2 degrees, maybe a lil warmer now but do u think this will incubate them if he like sprays them everyday or wateva?
thanks
Peter

Spraying the eggs will most likely kill them.

I used a temporary incubator at one point, when some eggs arrived unexpectedly. I filled a small fishtank with water, added an aquarium heater and set it to 29/30 degrees. I filled some plastic tubs with vermiculite (mixed 1:1 with water, by weight) then added the eggs and placed the plastic tubs in the water. I weighed them down so that the water level reached just above the surface of the vermiculite. I had to remove condensation from the lids of the tubs every second day, but all the eggs went full term and hatched.

ohh k thanks for that i might go round tomorro n change it around to that, thanks miss b :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back