Welcome to Queensland!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Matt-

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well I have just moved from the Mid North Coast of NSW to the Sunshine Coast of QLD in the last week. Tonight I decided to go herping for the first time, and what a different event it was! Bloody cane toads! I only walked about 2km through bushland which seemed like it would have been prime habitat to see at least a few different herp species, however all as I saw were cane toads...at least 200 of them over my walk. I didnt realise how bad the plague was up here, is this what Queensland herping is all about? Do you actually see other herps in areas where cane toads are this common?

lucky you I love Queensland, so many good herping places, hey, if your ever bored, just kill toads, they are cool critters but should be erradicated, the second one was just resting I take it :lol:

Go to conalilla falls, I went there a week or two ago.
its in the sunshine coast hinterland, near Flaxton.
I saw 6 lace monitors, 2 green tree snakes, 1 red belly and a water dragon
Just walk along the water ways and the bushland around. Best of all, no toads.
This was mid morning though.

Nic.

im jelus ov ur move, i would move to qld from sydney anyday!, one reason being- the wildlife.

Matt you dont need to go to qld to find toads,there all ready in nsw in large numbers.When i lived at byron we would come home late at night to find toads trying to get in the screen door,chasing bugs.

Lol, where did ya go Matt? Near your place? Plenty of good spots around.

Just in the bushland across from my place Aaron. I will start to travel around a bit but tonight I just thought Id go have a look seeing we were scoping it out the other day lol. Im sure there is more than toads in there :)

Matt you dont need to go to qld to find toads,there all ready in nsw in large numbers.When i lived at byron we would come home late at night to find toads trying to get in the screen door,chasing bugs.

Yeah I know that, Ive actually seen the odd one around Nambucca and Coffs when I was living down there so they are definatly spreading south, however what I couldnt believe is the large numbers that are up here.

Well the other night i got 2 carpets and a tiger...My first qld tiger snake so i was very pleased.

bahahaha... ugly aren't they? I hate toads...in the same league as house cockroaches and rats for me :lol:

Well if anyone in the area wants a herping buddy Im more than willing!

I didnt realise how bad the plague was up here, is this what Queensland herping is all about?
willing!
No
Yes

Cane toads like to sit out where they are seen so appear more common than they actually are. Roads and wide tracks are their favourites. Also they like dry nights

Well if anyone in the area wants a herping buddy Im more than willing!
I'll be wandering out tomorrow

Welcome to the coast Matt :) I am at Buderim and rarely see toads. A lot of the guys in our herp club go out regularly and see all sorts of great things. Apparently one the best places is out near conondale and kenilworth. I reckon Buderim forest park would be great at night but havent got down there yet.
Btw our next club meeting is 28th January if you would like to come.

im in nanango and only see a couple of can toads when i do. but out on my second property (200 acres) i see plenty of herps... mainly lacies and beardies.. i have also found eastern browns, RBBS , common tree snakes, water dragons, carpet pythons.i have been meaning to tke photos but also forget my camera cause of other work i am doing out there.

So you made it Matt,i didnt think you was going til after Chrissy.Did you sort out the import-crap you were going through...I will keep in touch,i shall PM in a few weeks..remember ..MARK

So you made it Matt,i didnt think you was going til after Chrissy.Did you sort out the import-crap you were going through...I will keep in touch,i shall PM in a few weeks..remember ..MARK

Yeah Mark made it and so far its paradise :) I decided to get up here before christmas. Eventually sorted out the hassle of moving all my animals from state to state....QLD epa were great to deal with, NSW decc were an absolute pain! Definatly keep in touch mate..... Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back