welder/engineer help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kr0nick, have thought about buying a pre fab shed and reinforcing it where it is needed. As a fabricator in a past life, there's alot of messing around with building a structure from scratch like;- How much steel do you order?- you have enough consumables and what do you need?- Do you have a flat area to construct the panels as you for mentioned?- How are you cutting the steel? (when they pre cut, you are charge per cut. Take this into consideration, if this is the case.)Remember one golden rule :- Measure twice cut once
This will save you a headache and cash

Good luck in your venture what ever you decide to do...

Last edited:
Hey Kr0nick, have thought about buying a pre fab shed and reinforcing it where it is needed. As a fabricator in a past life, there's alot of messing around with building a structure from scratch like;- How much steel do you order?- you have enough consumables and what do you need?- Do you have a flat area to construct the panels as you for mentioned?- How are you cutting the steel? (when they pre cut, you are charge per cut. Take this into consideration, if this is the case.)Remember one golden rule :- Measure twice cut once
This will save you a headache and cash

Good luck in your venture what ever you decide to do...
Hey mate the engineering joint is cutting all my lengths for me so all I need to do is weld them up into panels, And I don't like the look of sheds so thats why I am doing it this way. Steel will be ordered next week ready for the xmas holidays when I will have time to weld. Thanks also mate

A bit late to suggest that using 25x25x1.6mm Angle would have cut half the weight out.

A bit late to suggest that using 25x25x1.6mm Angle would have cut half the weight out.

Wouldn't that also reduce the strength by more than half? I expect a 25 mm RHS is more than twice as strong as 25mm angle in the same configuration.

Wouldn't that also reduce the strength by more than half? I expect a 25 mm RHS is more than twice as strong as 25mm angle in the same configuration.

In this application, it wouldn't be reducing the strength that much. The difference between angle and RHS is that RHS sould be better with tortional strain (twisting) and bend force. But given the configuration of these frames and their application, that any force imposed on these frames is neglegible and that the weight difference is of benefit to the support structure.

I design pylon structures for signage :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back