what breeds of lizards get on in a pit

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlloydy

Reaction score
Hi,

Am soon building a pit which is approx 6m long by 4m wide (at widest) down to 1.5m at narrowest end....It will definitely have 2 or more turtles in a pond...However, I am still undecided about what lizards to have?

I live in Sydney so have to be sure that the species will survive the winters (we dont get frost where I live but it can still get pretty cold in Winter)..

At the moment I am thinking of 2 Eastern Water Dragons...what else...perhaps 2 Inland Beardies? (sorry , I dont know what goes with what as far as territory etc).

I will provide separate hides at separate ends for the species but ideally would like 2 different species housed in the one pit for a little variety.

You could keep eastern water dragons, eastern bearded dragons, jackie dragons, blue tongues, cunningham skinks and a few other species but I doubt you could keep an inland bearded dragon outside... too cold and humid perhaps..

Jake

i agree with Jakee on not keeping inland beardys outside, i adopted 2 X 5 yr olds recently that were apparently kept outdoors and 1 has an RI that wont go away and the other has a bit of a cough, nothing like the bad one tho.

id be a bit worried about the other breeds eating each other,...id go for things of a similar size,...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back