What camera's do you use for shooting your reps?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i have the 900 the new sony alpha range are NAIL drivers!
canon and nikon are really starting to take their customers for granted
with sony being the new minolta and VERY much on par with the big 2
its a very safe bet there here for good.:)

but!
for point and shoot the canon g4 or g5 and the nikon P series are perfect for beginner to intermediate and have enough function to
help you lean photography and create some stunning images the nikon in particular have a stunning macro setting default(close up)

Nato

awesome everyone thanks so much :D

i love macro shots :D so i might go with one of them! thanks again everyone :)

DSLR's are the way to go...but canons g11 are good P& S.

I use a Nikon d300 with a triple flash set up and a variety of lenses.

heres a result:
blackwellsiscotteipper.jpg

Cheers,
Scott

i use either a nikon d90 or nikon d300 to shoot my reps, have not picked up a point and shoot since my first dslr. if you are looking at getting a point and shoot, i would go for whatever had the best megapixels and optical zoom in my price range!

my graflex(speed graphic) large format bellows still does a bloody cracker shot :) its not just digital remember film!

7083300.044a5982.1024.jpg

this takes better shots than my brothers d700 or my a900 its amazing :)

I too have the Nikons...

But i am only newish into the hobby myself...

I find with nikons and the cannons (personal choice) you have so many asccessories to choose from..

I asked for some help from Barry (ozzieimages) here and he is a world of info..

But he recomended to stay with the top 2 as everyone has them and alot in the feild are willing to help

i use my mums haha its a nikon and has a macro lense :)

im telling ya its not the big 2 any more.... just because canon and nikon bombard you with adds
dont make them the best, most of the very best use Leica also exceedingly more use sony as they
are 100% compatible with all dyno minolta lenses And have vr in the camera so u dont have to pay an extra few
hundred for vr in every lense also they use old prime lenses also sony have carl zeiss made lenses
all dyno and sony camrea gear work on them
like alot of things popularity isnt always indication of the best the sony/minolta and Leica range is MASSIVE

"my graflex(speed graphic) large format bellows still does a bloody cracker shot :) its not just digital remember film!"

... also remember the horrendous cost of film and developing, the waiting time and not knowing how your shots turn out until you get your film back. Give me digital anytime.

"my graflex(speed graphic) large format bellows still does a bloody cracker shot :) its not just digital remember film!"

... also remember the horrendous cost of film and developing, the waiting time and not knowing how your shots turn out until you get your film back. Give me digital anytime.
lol everyone wants this now, its all about deleting and hiding errors and keeping jag shots and only good shots,
if you want to learn sound basics of lighting, aperture, shutter speed and timing you cant beat film, maybe not a bellows but at least an old Nikon F or yashica electro.
for costs its almost nothing if you develop yourself and with today's chemicals it takes about 1hr to develop about 35 shots :) i have been doing photography for 20yrs and i love it i have film cameras,digitals,pinholes,phones even my mp4 player has one i have atleast 2 cameras on me at all times
i love championing film and alternate cameras than the generic force fed ones
if you get the shutter bug like i have it u end up with heaps or camera stuff hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back