What can i keep in here?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpb02

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys i am wondering what type of lizards would be suitable to go into this enclosure it is total length of 1800Lx600x600 divided in middle so 2 x 900Lx600x600
i was thinking some type of dragon.

What do you think?

enclosrue 002.jpg
encl02.jpg

Attachments

• encl01.jpg
    encl01.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 93
its currently housing a woma and a jungle (click clack)

Can you keep them together? That's another thing I was wondering would I be able to keep a few of a certain species in one side or are they like pythons and work better kept separately

Can you keep them together? That's another thing I was wondering would I be able to keep a few of a certain species in one side or are they like pythons and work better kept separately
Yeah just not multiple males, many will say you can, but my males missing tail from its previous owner is testament to what can happen

okay cool would a full grown pair be able to live in a 900x600x600 or will they out grow that?

ill keep a pair in each haha, although i would also love a monitor but i am pretty sure they get to big

could keep pygmy bearded dragons i recon but central netteds are much cooler. or else if u like monitor u could get some of the smaller species like the gilleni (pygmy mulga monitor) they are very cool :)

okay ill do some reading im watching some videos of netteds and they do look pretty awesome how do they go with handling?

okay cool would a full grown pair be able to live in a 900x600x600 or will they out grow that?

ill keep a pair in each haha, although i would also love a monitor but i am pretty sure they get to big
900 long should be fine, they aren't the best handlers but they are very active lizards so quite entertaining to watch

2ft tall is probably tall enough for angle-headed dragons also, you could easily keep a pair or a trio in a 3 ft tank. im considering a pair (instead of just 1) in an exo-terra 45x45x60 enclosure. (i have seen this in someone elses place and it can be done well with correct placement of branches etc) just be mindful they like to climb when you are setting up you enclosure and they do well in higher humidity. either that or you could keep red barred bragons, painted dragons, peninsula dragons, pygmy bearded dragons, netted dragons, boyds forest dragons (similar to the angle headeds in terms of set-up and requirements, but tend to be a bit more flighty). all are smaller dragons and you could easily fit a pair in each enclosure. just letting you know there are more than just beardies and water dragons, depending on your liscencing in QLD, but i know all of these can be kept in VIC

Yeh black and white would be great but then I'd need a bigger enclosure once it got bigger

Thanks for all the info guys I'll have a look at each species

okay yeh keep the options coming i got all my house work done today. so i can spend some time researching haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back