What did u call it at school

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Primary- Canteen
HighSchool- Cafeteria or as most call it the rip off bald guys shop.

Same as you . except I'm 17 years older, so obviously it isn't a time thing.
Don't think tuck shop was ever used in melbourne.......... for a second I thought tuck was a typo error :oops:

hey all

What did You used to call your school lunch providr :) lol

i went to 4 primary schools and in early years of school i always caled it a tuck shop, which is darn right Aussie, but when i moved and changed schools i was lauughed at when i called it a tuck shop.

canteen sounds so crap what u think.
As "darn right Aussie" as you think it may be, like most Aussi slang, it comes from early English. My school in England was 400 years old, and I can guarantee the shop in the old section, had been called the "Tuck shop" for 300 of those....;)

Tuck shop in primary,canteen in high school and now at the uni its the refec (short for refectory).
What about the free milk back in the old days,sitting in the sun till it was all drunk.

tuck shop all the way through primary and up to grade 11. now i go to tafe and i call it "maccas across the road" haha

"What about the free milk back in the old days,sitting in the sun till it was all drunk"

dont forget the frozen yogurt with the small plastic spoon that broke trying to dig out the yogurt lol

i have always called it and will always call it then canteen.
it would be intresting to be in an american cafateria where they give you food on a tray though, like on the simpsons. i'm not sure if that realy happens though, but i'v seen it on a few movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back