what do you consider to be unsatisfactory conditions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great idea rusty shadow and definately something I would like to do. The park in question is unfortunately the place that I was talking about was is some distance away from me and I stopped there while visiting a friend. I live just out side of Mildura and as I have not been here very long I don't know of anywhere around here where i could volunteer. If any one does know of some where in my area please feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers,
Misky

Thanks! But I would have thought that the amount of shade on offer and quality of water on offer to captive reptiles would have been something we should all have both knowledge and an opinion on.

For my part, from what I understand snakes do not necessarily need to have water on offer 24/7. Someone may be able to confirm/deny this for me. Having said as much, mine do. And to further complicate things, I think if reptiles are on public display, then they should have clean drinking water available as the general public would probably expect water to be available 24/7.

I think some of the worst conditions occur at wildlife parks when parents refuse to keep their screaming kids under control. Children who bang their greasy hands against glass enclosures or throw debris at animals in outdoor pits need to be taught some respect for the animals.

Clearly hit on some very important issues there, Olivehydra. And issues we in herpland need to get ourselves worked up about even more than we do about the price of some boring little green snake! These are the issues which must inflame and unite us :wink:

Partents who let there children treat wilflife parks like an amusement palour infurate me!! I went to a small wildlife park a few years ago where there were two small kids throwing pebbles at a Water Dragon to try and make him move. There was no staff around and as I am not a parent I did not want to speak to this parent and come across like I was trying to tell her how to raise her kids so I quietly and politly walked up to her and asked if she would mind if I put her kids in a cage and threw rocks at them for a minute... It definately seemed to get the point across :D

The bane of any zoo or wildlife park - the general public.

:evil:

Hix

Hix, that is the first time I have ever seen you sign off with anything but " :p " !!! I think I like this new you :wink: !!!

I have to admit in the time i have been were i am i have come across 2 types of people. 1 tourists that have no idea about any of our native wildlife eg are rather insistant on telling you that they know that wombats are related to guniea pig and 2 the most dreaded of all.The Parent who bring their kids in and dont watch or give a S@#t about what their children do whilst in the zoo. These are the ones that have kids that torment tease annoy animals and keepers alike. Almost everyday you are saying to people please dont chase the lizards please dont throw rubbish into the enclosures no our animals wont eat the chocolate that you are trying to give them. It is enough to make you go mad but you go back every day for the animals not the people that come in.

Krystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back