What greens do you feed your inland beardies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavrick

Reaction score
Just as the title suggests, I have a youngish inland beardie who refuses anything that isn't in cricket form. So I'm just wondering what everyone else offers their beardies in the greens department to see what else I can offer him that I haven't tried so far.

Cheers,
Mav

well i have a pygmy bearded dragon but their diet would be the same im guessing, i feed mine Buk choy and carrot and bits of apple and on occasions a tiny bit of banana as a treat along with her regular woodies/crickets

Mizuma, Buc Choy, Pak Choy, Choy Sum, Endive (sometimes hard to come by... I found it in Woolies occasionally), shredded Carrot, Blueberries, Strawberries and other random fruits occasionally... There's lots you could try... Hibiscus flowers/leaves...

Last edited:
i have pygmy beardies, and they love shredded apple and carrot and 3 leaf clovers that i just grab from the garden

I've posted similar threads on here and had great responses, but try as I might, my eastern Beardie still just isn't interested. I make sure she has something green to eat every day... but she is yet to indulge. I'm assuming she'll start to go for it when she's a little older.

Depending on the size/age of the beardy, you can try putting/hiding a couple of (smallish - depending on size of the beardy - general rule I was told, is dont feed them anything bigger than the space between their eyes) mealworms in the green mix to make it move, to get their attention... Although they soon click on to the fact that the greens arent the things moving and dig the mealworms out and only eat them sometimes and not the greens...

They usually eventually grow to like greens and get the taste for them... As they sometimes miss the mealworm and eat the greens trying to get to the mealworm... It came with age, time and persistance with mine when I had them... Just keep offering them greens and eventually they should take to them...

My beardie loves her woodies and greens, but won't eat anything else! I offer her carrot, yellow button squash, butternut pumpkin and red capscium, but nope.

Anyway, my five-month-old beardie eats bok choy and endives, along with blades of grass when I put her outside in the bird cage. I've no idea about the nutritional value of the grass, but it doesn't seem to do her any harm.

as people have said, age is a factor! as beardies get older they're more inclined to eat greens, so don't stress too much =) just offer them a few times a week and they'll eventually take!

anything green thats not spinach, basil works the best out of the green stuff for me, pumpkin is the all time fav for my beardies tho, dont matter if they never had a veg before, pumkin gets wolfed down

this link is to an American site but it does contain useful information especially on the 'Nutrition content' page, its been posted before on here which is how i got it so it shouldnt be a problem though ill understand if the link is removed

Beautiful Dragons

I have 6 lawson dragons that are 14 weeks....they LOVE peas, but wont eat anything else yet, what age do they normally start eating vegies?

anywhere from 6 to 12 months. as long as they're getting plenty of crickets and you keep giving them peas they should be fine.

i find my boy goes in out and out of phases however i still offer a variety of greens, they will get the idea just keep offering them a variety each day

i got a batch of 8 new centrals, 2 weeks old now, 3 of them eat veg that i have seen, who knows what happens the other 23.75 hrs a day i dont see them. i just offer it to em all each day, cant hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back