What I need to do QLD to NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrin

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what exactly I need to do when I buy a snake in QLD and bring it over the Boarder into NSW. Also any Idea's on the timeframe?

Thanks
Tarrin:?

they get Qld transfer papers faxes it to you, you fill it out and fax it back they send it with the animal. You arrange an import licence, tis takes a bit of time and cost $20 so get in early send at least the import licence number with the snake.

Oh and contact hobbo on this site he transports on the east coast very reasonable prices and he is making a trip next week.

Get the Qld movement advice number and seller details, over the phone is fine. Apply to NSW DECC for import permit using the sellers details and your own. NSW permit will give you a month to transport.

If possible buy local to save on transport and have local advice on hand. Generally people who breed snakes know what they are doing.

Thank You for your Help

Thanks for your quick answers to my questions!!
This was a great help.

Cheers
Tarrin:D

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what exactly I need to do when I buy a snake in QLD and bring it over the Boarder into NSW. Also any Idea's on the timeframe?

Thanks
Tarrin:?

Yes you need an import permit into queensland from DEC which costs 20 $ and will take anything from about two weeks to a month to get so do that first.,the queensland person will fill out a movement form which costs about two dollars and is obtainable the same day usually.As long as your licensed and the queensland person is licensed thats about it,from my experience DEC is the slowest with applications for different things around before and after holiday periods and near,during or after bookkeeping periods.They onley have a few staff at the office.next june or july is probably a good time.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back