What is it?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspidito

Reaction score
Can somebody please help identify this little fella, looks like a baby western brown to me but I dont have a dead one to do a scale count, it was very agressive & very quick.
Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• P1040070.JPG
    P1040070.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 224
  • P1040073.JPG
    P1040073.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 242
Don't know what it is but it is beautiful

Lewy

bit hard to see by the pic, but look for the large overlapped rostral scale on the snout, dead give away for a nuchalis

Any other takers!
Yes it is the lightest coloured snake I have ever seen apart from my albinos but it does look like a baby brown, 2 were seen the same night a couple hundred meters apart & both the same colour, the cricket just happened to be in the bin.

well it seems to me like a pseudonaja nuchalis,it seems to me to have a black W shape on its neck ...but if not then ONCE again Jonno has some more ammo..................lovely species so white...:)

It depends on where in SA it was caught too. There's some localities where you get up to five species of Pseudonaja living sympatrically...

Its the southern form of what was known as Pseudonaja nuchalis, now known as Pseudonaja aspidorhyncha

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back