what is the best way to freight reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumpig

Reaction score
what is the best way for animals to be pack for freight around the county and the best company to use. any help on this would be good....

A foam eski with holes punched in it the reptile in a cloth bag , i.e. pillow case
then taped up !
Ive recycled mine when I receive I reuse to send when needed

Anyone know what the hell gooseneck is cause freight manager at virgin wasnt gonna let me freight some snakes unless they were in some. I asked him wtf goose neck was and he had no idea.

We have the same rules as you Jim , normally there is no problem but i was getting on the same plane and just so happened to encounter some nuff nuffs i reckon. Glad you use A.A.E lmao.

Anyway.... Could you guys put opinions forward to whom you use for freighting and what kind of service you get? I just got my coastals from rocky to darwin through australian air express which was quite good, no dramas....except maybe the snakes were a little too cold! I mean very cold......
service friendly, cost.........I thought a little high...$55 from rocky to bris to darwin. But I cant complain i guess.

Any comments on good service? or bad experiences?

I priced Virgin and AAE and found that AAE was much cheaper. I have sent and recieved from them as well and have had no dramas. I haven't had any dramas recieving from Virgin Blue Freight but the expense in sending was to much.

I put all mu animals in bags, put them in a plastic tub with holes in it. I pack some newspaper around the animals to ensure they don't get thrown around during the flight and it also ads as insulation.

I put my animals in calico bags (or pillowcases), tie up the end, then stuff a box full of shredded newspaper and tuck the bag in the middle somewhere.
Stevo, I don't know what "gooseneck" is, but I can only assume that he wanted them in bags within the boxes??
I have never had an issue with Virgin (who I use 9 times out of 10), but when I am sending to a remote location, I use AAE because their freight dept is open on the weekends... Virgin Freight in Canberra, Mackay and I am not sure how many others, are not open on weekends.
Now, I have a bit of an insight into how animals are treated in Virgin and in Qantas thanx to Luke being a baggage handler, and it's 6 to one, half a dozen to the other. Both Virgin and Qantas have idiodic ppl who work there and are known to treat even DOGS terribly!! But I go w/ Virgin because of the staff discount. I can only hope that some of Lukes mates are working that day so that the animals get looked after.... But Luke has witnessed some pretty horrid dealings with AAE and animals, so I figure that it doesn't matter who you use, it all comes down to the staff member who handles it :(

Makes you wonder doesn't it Bex. How can ppl treat animals so bad when they are someone elses pets. It is probably lucky that the herps are in a fairly secure container to help avoid injuries.

Oh I'll tell you what, I have heard some HORROR stories!!
I am NEVER flying our dogs anywhere, EVER!! That is a promise :(

Well, hopefully I'll never have to fly our dogs anywhere either. By the sounds of it you are betting driving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back