What is the best way to heat plastic tub systems?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ihaveherps

Reaction score
Thinking of building a tub-rack system, and am usnure about the best way to heat them. Heat tape or cord? The back wall or under the tub? What dimmers would you use with the tape? Also what are the best brands of tubs? Do the tubs need to be food safe?

So if you are running a similar system, and are happy with it or have some improvements you would make, please help me out!

Save me from procrastonation!!!!

ihaveherps

I use heat cord which is situated in the melamine shelving by using a router and woven under each of the tubs. This is then connected to an external thermostat with the probe being placed in the top tub. I found that heat tape or mat mounted on the back of the wall doesnt create a good thermal gradient and is expensive compared to heat cord. But i do use heat tape for a horizontal rack because heat cords dont come in short lengths.

Hope this helps. Lance.

Sweet as Reptilia, that was exactly the way i was leaning, just that i have only seen the tape used and thought there must have been a reason. What wattage have you found best? Also does it provide enough heat for the "under Bed" storage boxes with the inch or so lip on the base, or would it only be good for the flatter based tubs?

Thanks.
ihaveherps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back