what is they right weight of a turtle?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz-fiz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, What is the right weight of a hatchie Australia Eastrn long Neck turtle?:?
please let me know A.S.A.P.:lol:

Cheers william:D

There is a thing called Search Function you no, why dont you use that?

Actually spelt, "politeness." But how was that un-polite?

he wasnt being rude, but you must appreciate that it can become rather frustrating when the same questions get asked over and over again. for a common knowledge based query such as this it is far more efficient to use the search engines first and if you cant find the answer you're looking for THEN post a new thread.

Dan19 - be nice! and just to make a small point; it's impolite, not un-polite :p

are you serious?? every post you make is reply ASAP.
be patient willia6 and use the search button.
oh and yes it's a pointless post by me, before you eat me.
: )

Willia - Please disregard the previous posters - I certainly don't believe this is a common sense question with a 'search' function answer and don't believe I have read post on this question previously...I certainly don't know the answer...

In general, however, reptile hatchy weights are somewhat variable and often dependant on clutch size etc - another example, one egg may hold twins, in which case they are often roughly half the weight of an egg holding a single baby...

There are likely a few turtle guys who might be able to answer this question a little better (try PM'ing MrDestiny) but if it is a young hatchling I wouldn't be concerned about it's weight either way...

And maybe instead of making 5 threads i think it is now, just ask all questions in one thread. And ask for a caresheet on here aswell, that will answer most of your questions for the future.

THose are for resons u know i got to get to know this place. so i do lots of 1 thing.
In a week or so i might do it less

The problem here is that when you ask a question most of the people who respond do not have a clue. At least a few people will try to steer you in the right direction.
I would suggest you direct any turtle questions to this group-
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/AustralianFreshwaterTurtlesandFrogs/
you'll get answers from people who know.
At hatching the weight varies as Aslan pointed out. A rough guide would be about 4.+grams

Thanks PETER-
So if it's less than 4 grams don't get it?

willia6, the weight will be dependant on a lot of issues, clearly this isn't a hatchling of your own, so you don't know the history, age and feeding regime. Buying an animal based on the current weight without all the information is a silly way to choose.

Is it bright and heathy, active, eating well ? Those are things you need to take into consideration first.

Thanks so if it's eyes are bright. and look healthy it's a plus?
cheers will

At that weight it should be only in its first weeks. They do come smaller but if you are buying an animal its best to get a viable one. Weight for age get the bigger one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back