what is this bug?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renagade

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i found 3 of these today in my gecko enclosure, substrait is sand. i mist every few daze. any clues? are they dangerous? my gecko may have eaten some i guess
ren

Attachments

• DSC01928.jpg
    DSC01928.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC01929.jpg
    DSC01929.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 165
Do you feed crickets? In the cricket containers are tiny worms to eat the cricket poo. This could be the advanced stage of that insect. It is not a tick, looks like a kind of weevle

i do feed her crix, i also feed her pantry moths and weevels in larve form. does look a bit like tick hey?

Not a tick, but i cant tell what it actually is, would need some macro shots. Either way take them out and release them or kill them. I wouldnt risk leaving them in there and id search the substrate and the rest of there enclosure. I recently had bugs in with my geck, turned out a cricket had laid eggs and it was filled with pinhead crickets lol. Went to the baby trapdoors for food so everyone turned out happy.

Its not a tick - looks like it could be a baby beetle of some description??? Hard to tell from the pic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back