what size should a cage be to house 2 pygmy bearded dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

galeru

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi, can any one share some info on how big a cage should be to house 2 pygmy beardies and what to put in it

Hey I'm not sure about pygmy beardies but western beardies need an enclosure that is 4ft x 2ft x 2ft. That should happily house 2 pygmys.

Oh of coarse you would but I like to make all of my enclosures a little bigger than they need to be for my reptiles. Just makes for more content lizards

Are you intending on keeping them in the one enclosure?

Usualy recomended that dragons be kept seperate, (so many threads on this issue).

Are you intending on keeping them in the one enclosure?

Usualy recomended that dragons be kept seperate, (so many threads on this issue).

+1
You'll either end up with a dead one or both dead... Or one not eating and one eating...

I've got 2 in a 4x2x2 and all they do is constantly mate.

I had my 2 together as juveniles but recently had to seperate them because they turned out they where male and female if your getting to unsexed defently jst keep them seperate but a 4x2x2 is defently big enough for even a trio but be aware once there of sexually maturity they will be conflict if you keep them together I learned the hard way

I had a pair together in a 3' for nearly a year til the first signs of agro and then split a 4'x2' into 2 so they get 2'x2'x2' each until mating time comes around and then they will get the whole 4'.I am building another 1 the same for my other pygmies

ok thanks everyone for there great info

- - - Updated - - -

ok thanks everyone for there great info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back