what venomous snakes can i keep?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sort of relevant to the subject, does anyone have any footage of handling dangerous snakes in risky situations? I have never ever seen someone handling something like a brown snake or taipan in a tricky situation does anyone have any clips or even youtube of others doing this?

From everything i have heard being able to safely handle dangerous snakes is a myth, would anyone disagree with that (excluding shotties)?

whyme,dont worry about it mate check out his avatar mate he's still playing with troll toys thats the only reason he cant handle venz mate & its most likely the same 4 his purple head python hahaha.

Wow! this thread got a bit off couse horses for courses people, i will also add that venomous snakes are amazing especially the one's we have in Oz, keep them but also respect them. Can't see there being any problem then :)

well thats just what docs have siad and well he got prety crook after the bite so i belive what the docs are saying in this case
and now he is sue the guy that owns the snake. and i hate people that sign up for a course and know the risks involved and than when thay are bit go and sue the person that owned the snake if it was your own snake or a snake in the wild you cant go and sue your self its just people trying to get as much money as posable and during the course he told us he goes searching for browns at night bye him self and the place he told us he goes is a few ks out of town and than he tells us he doesent take a bandage so shows you how stupid some people really are

I can't imagine there was no disclaimer signed before undertaking the course

Searching for browns at night isn't very productive. (yes, ive seen them at night)

Would be safer than playing with them annoyed on a warm day, which is what i would love to see someone doing. I have seen redneck shows with pretty rough handling and stepping on them with complete protection, but never seen any competant snake handler in a tricky situation excpet when that guy got bitten by a taipan on 60 minutes posing for a show(not knocking him as he does good work there).

I have looked up snake handling on youtube and it was completely sad, without a doubt the best snake handler i found was Ray Hoser he could handle bites from dangerous species without a flinch, is there no one around with better snake handling videos than him? ;) (jokes etc.) but i would love to see some tricky elapid handling, none of that cobra crap either.

the best snake handler i found was Ray Hoser he could handle bites from dangerous species without a flinch, is there no one around with better snake handling videos than him? ;) (jokes etc.) but i would love to see some tricky elapid handling, none of that cobra crap either.

Without opening another can of worms, his are all venomoids.

OH... I thought Cris should of known better ....

It's far to early for me to get sarcasm.. and I haven't had my coffee :)

It's pretty simple. If you wanna keep vens then keep 'em. If you don't, then don't make retarded comments to the people who do. If you do your homework, a course or two, and give the snake the respect it deserves, then there should'nt be a problem!

depends on the species of brown australis......I have seen many aspidoryncha and mendgeni on roads at night

Cheers,
Scott

depends on the species of brown australis......I have seen many aspidoryncha and mendgeni on roads at night

Cheers,
Scott

I have seen nuchalis crossing the road at midnight.

Also depends if people are referring to Mulga's as 'King Browns', as they often do. Around here they are regularly found very early morning (3 or 4am) before the sun is up out on the roads. Admittedly I haven't found a few hundred like some on here but I have found more on the roads at this time than I have in 15 years of bushwalking and hunting in their habitat.

Oh man...did someone just say that "Stingrays attack"

Just like those box jellyfish that attack people!

Would be safer than playing with them annoyed on a warm day, which is what i would love to see someone doing. I have seen redneck shows with pretty rough handling and stepping on them with complete protection, but never seen any competant snake handler in a tricky situation excpet when that guy got bitten by a taipan on 60 minutes posing for a show(not knocking him as he does good work there).

You mean the ABC Foreign Correspondant story 'Dangerous Liaisons'? Was about the Papuan taipan with David Williams (Toxinologist on this forum).

Oh man...did someone just say that "Stingrays attack"

Just like those box jellyfish that attack people!

Thankyou so much lol :D its such a ridiculous myth that stingrays jump into boats and attack people, no animal would ever purposly maroon itself like that, its ridiculous.

---------- Post added 17-Jan-11 at 09:08 PM ----------

so, can someone tell me of a vens handling course for under 18's in QLD? preferable the brisbane area but im willing to travel to an extent lol! also, what kinda prices are we looking at for a vens handling course?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back