What would use more electricity???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bex, may i ask as to why you are using the 160watt merc and not the 100watt? in a tub situation the 100 would do just fine.
this is what i would do, how ever you decide to mount your globes, eg timber batten across the top end of the tubs, i would set it up so you have 1x 100w merc in one corner and in the op corner a 75w IR glob (herpshop ones are good) that is thermostat controlled. you can either have this on a timer or like my self let it run 24/7. with the merc i would set in on a timer with one of 2 options, eg option 1 timer switches on at 7am and off at 7pm. option 2 on at 6am off at 12pm, then back on at 3pm and off at 7pm or atleast something similar. times not deffinate, just what ever works for you. other alternative to the IR is a halgen like was previously mentioned. this is only a suggestion but all of the above in some way or form has been used by myself and other keepers I know with great sucess, particularly if sick ones are involved. I have also pm'd you some more info. good luck

in my 4x2x2 i use a 75 reflecter bulb, my enclosure is very well ventilated and doesnt get to warm, my beardie loves it cause it gives a good warm spot and a good temp variation due to the ventilation.

As far as I know, the main heat is comming from transformers. Mabe some heat is generated on battens also, but should be not to much heat there.

Ok, I was thinking you could place 2 tubs side by side and another 2 end to end and use one light suspended over the middle to give all 4 a hot end. This way you could heat all 12 with 3 lights.

On a side note have you tried 14hr light cycles. Mine do much better when they get 14hr days. Some of them go off their food and start scratching around wanting to sleep all the time if the days aren't long enough.

Mine are on 12hrs days and I haven't had any issues... If I was to put them all in tubs, your idea could work very well..
I will think on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back