what you think

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

batcho101

Reaction score
hey guys fairly new to this site but thought it was bout time to put some pics up of my snakes. the 2 larger ones are about 2 years old and both about 1.7 metres hoping they will breed soon. well tell me what you think. sorry bout quality of pics there just off my phone

Attachments

• 12102008227.jpg
    12102008227.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 09082008202.jpg
    09082008202.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 22102008231.jpg
    22102008231.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 27092008225.jpg
    27092008225.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 125
cheers guys. the coastals are starting to grow really quickly the male is eating 2 sub adult rats a week and the female is eating 1.. and he is still hungry after that

got some better pics today just after i fed them. also sprayed them for mites today

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 81
do you feed them on your bed? sorry, looks like it. nice snakes.

yeh normally take the male out onto my bed on a towel as the female likes to coil her rat up then go after his.. but he fell off the bed this time so i just had to lift him quickly and he didnt end up back on the towel

If you have no alternative, and have to use the fish tank, then add lots of little places for your little fellow to hide. Lots of hides and branches will help to reduce the overall size of the tank and make the occupan feel a bit more secure and safe.

For a floor covering, fake grass would be great, or marine carpet. This will help retain heat, as glass enclosures tend to lose heat quite quickly. You can also cover the rear and side walls, either from the inside or the outside. If you are going to cover the inside, make sure you coat what ever you use (ie; polystyrene) with a non toxic, water proof covering. A good product is Bondall. You can get it in a variety of coulours and it's very durable in an enclosure. I've used it for fake walls and it's great. Here's a pic of the product, this one is a pre coloured one.

TerraTite.jpg

haha... don't ask me how, but my reply was meant for the fish tank thread!! I have no idea how I got it in here!!

Sorry batcho.

Very nice coastals. Give em another year or two of feeding and they'll make some good babies!

thats what i'm hoping for at this point though not to fussed so i didnt cool or separte them at all(not big enough anyway).
hopefully if/when they breed i get some nice lookin babys out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back