whats the best way to set up a trappy enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
viv.gifURSviv2.gifURSviv.gif
I just drew these up, hope you like them.

ummm do you even know what he's asking?

hahahahah

When I kept them (years ago), just a small fish tank or a small plastic enclosure with peat no ventilation.

ummm do you even know what he's asking?
No. I didnt see his only 14 either. Didn't want him to get electricuted. Make that a plastic storage container with some small holes drilled in it. If its a trap your making i want no part of it.

No. I didnt see his only 14 either. Didn't want him to get electricuted. Make that a plastic storage container with some small holes drilled in it. If its a trap your making i want no part of it.
im guessing its for a trap door spider?

throw some mixed cocopeat , dirt and leaflitter in a deep container pop in your trappy and let it do its thing ...easy , sealed containers are best cause they retain humidity far longer than a vented one .

Not hard to setup housing if you take alittle time to have a think .

Oh yes, cant be too carefull when working with a plastic/glass container and some coco peat. If you want no part of it why comment then?

I use coco peat. Trappies are very secretive so a deep substrate works best

throw some mixed cocopeat , dirt and leaflitter

I wouldnt use dirt or leaf litter, its a sure fire way to introduce parasites

thanks for your help everyone il be sure to post a pic or two when its finished

I wouldnt use dirt or leaf litter, its a sure fire way to introduce parasites

you can treat it and clean it. hes not stupid enough to go grab a handful and throw it straight into his tub

edit* well i hope he wouldnt be :p haha kidding zach mate ;)

the only real way to treat leaf litter if freezing, if you try and cook it in the oven it tends to burn. Freezing kills off most things but eggs still live on even after weeks of freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back