What's this one?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
Found this yeaterday at work, pretty common in darwin around the monsoons can anyone tell me what it is?

DSC07820.jpg

Yup, water scorpion novel thing to keep for a while.. shred fish up though.

Do you get them down in the shire jas?

Awesome, so if i threw it in my pond i should get a bit of entertainment?

You wont see much in a pond, mine were in a glass tank.. they would hold onto the weed and
attack passing fish with their (for lack of possibly more appropriate term)... "pincers"..
If it wasn't for them (the pincers) i would of kept them for my turtles at the time.

They're pretty mad looking little critters, i suppose i probably would already have them in my pond eh?

I would LOVE some of these... You'e very lucky. Feel like sending me down a spare?

i've seen pretty similar bugs in my pool once but the had a long spine like thing coming out of there abdomen.

I hate those little buggers. They used to chase me in the pool up in the territory when I was little. And they do get really big and intimidating when you're 2'4" and trying to have a swim! ;)

They were quite common around my area. I regualary found them around the laundry uner the house. as a creek runs through my yard.

Water used to run through all the time. I haven't seen them for years, now that bloody Springfield was built:evil:

Oh your kidding!!
I found one of these years ago at Hastings Point, Tweed valley and was blown away. It was massive and I have been wondering what the bloody hell it was all this time!!
Woo hoo, now I am sure I wasn't trippin! I drew a picture of it and showed my mates but no one had a clue.

Geez Phil, catch your own its not that hard, i would get sick of untangling them from my dip nets.

I can never find them.. Ever.
Waruikazi, mate, if you ever come across some more you don't want.. Send me a PM aye? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back