What's this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

Reaction score
My boys found this today.. dead unfortunately. I think it's a Ramphotyphlops proximus ? Can anyone confirm this? I've seen a few before.

rep1.jpg

rep2.jpg

It was about 50cm total and had a bad smell. (not a dead smell)

I believe that when they are harassed they release some stinky acid stuff to deter predators (like turtles do) so perhaps it got attacked and released the acid before it died and that?s what the smell was. I can't tell you what species because I have no idea.

It is a blind snake though? One of my boys said they had found a big worm.. the other said it was a legless lizard... I guess they were both kinda close?

Do they have a round or blunt tail, I wrote a post "how to catch a snake" I'm 99% certain this is what i had at my joint, are they venomus?

matto said:
Do they have a round or blunt tail, I wrote a post "how to catch a snake" I'm 99% certain this is what i had at my joint, are they venomus?

most have blunt tails dude and this is what you saw then dont worry about it being venomous

matto said:

Haha, they don't even have teeth :p , the feed on termites/ants and their eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back