when can you start housing snakes together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I house my same species pythons togther forever, never had an is over the the last 25 years, elapids yes I keep the seperate for my own safety. But my pythons have always stayed together, feeding time I will seperate into tubs.

So by feeding in separate tubs you are then stressing them by handling\moving them before they have digested their meal?

So by feeding in separate tubs you are then stressing them by handling\moving them before they have digested their meal?

No, gentle handling to put them back into their enclosures is fine after they've been fed. Snakes often eat a meal some distance from where they will lay up to digest it, so movement per se is not a problem.

I can feed in seperate tubs in the lounge room and after they've fed they will both come out of their tubs and climb the couch and curl up together.
When I'm ready to head to bed, I pick them up supporting their meal and put them in their enclosure.

Plus i use fine chipbark for substrate hence why they dont get fed in there

I have just noticed that in "The Bible" (Keeping and Breeding Aust. Pythons) the author recommends keeping antaresias in groups! What the???

I have housed snakes together for years with zero problems so far

So far is the qualifier there
Diamonds thrive if kept together
Burmese seem to be the same
But the snakes are well fed and always separated for feeding

It is always a risk so maybe designing a simple glass partition in the habitat would negate that risk??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back