When do you seperate Diamonds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK now I know what to do with next years egg how do I get viable ones. I have 2 x 7 foot females(one of which will rest as she had the slugs) one 9 foot female one 6 foot male and one 7 foot male. I have a pair that will be 3 next january and they are in between 5 and 6 foot.Now when do I give them there last feed,how long after that do I turn off there heat,and when do I put them back together?? Last year I turned heat offin May and put them back together in August with the 6 footer servicing the girls a few times in September but they didn't lay,the one that layed I only got late last year and went into qurrantine.So any thoughts or questions,fire away!

C'mon!! Why no response yet?? I am sure someone out there has a good procedure that is suuccessfull!!Please help me!!

I am waiting for answer my self Adam.
I was planing to feed last meal about 20 march wait 3 weeks and start cooling.

Four months is long enough for hibernation, although if you are going to turn off the heat completely I would lean towards 3 months and gradually bring the heat back up.
As for feeding before hibernation, I like to fatten mine up as much as possible before.Two weeks after last feed is when you can hibernate just make sure the snake has passed its last feed.
Some people hibernate for a lot shorter period but IMO I think diamonds need a bit longer than other species.

put'm out in an aviary and let nature take its coase.
that's what i'm doing this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back