when is the live chat open

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shellshock

Reaction score
i would like 2 participate in live chat but m not sure when it is on if ever
i hae been a member 4 a couple of days but av visited many times over the past couple of months but it has never been available

Hey mate, the live APS chat is pretty much dead, no-one uses it anymore, but, you can go into APS chat, and type /thesnakepit and click enter and that will take you to another room, this is where most people from APS hang out now, it's usually busier after 6 or 7, just depends on who's in.

shellshock, the live chat module no longer seems to be available. If you want to chat, you will need to download mIRC and install.

http://www.mirc.com/get.html

Once installed, join the ausirc server and choose the room you want to chat in.

hey wrasse,

Can you give me i bit more info on how to work this mIRC thingo...

How do i find this Snake pit?

thanx very much dicco & wrasse like gilleni i would l tryed 2 get onto the snake pit how do i get there
when i click on chat nothing happens or it come 2 a page thatis closed & it dosent let me type anything just gives me the option 2 go back

Yeap, forget the live chat link as it isn't working, download mirc (download address in my post above), install it, then connect to the ausirc.com.au network. Once there you can choose the channel you want to join.

ok i still can't work it out. can someone write some instructions for me cause it would be much appreciated

cheers
James

have you downloaded mirc chat engine yet?

if not, download it from www.mirc.com

press connect in the tool bar, and then enter #thesnakepit as a channel.

open mIRC, file> select server> Category> Connect.

fill in your name and a fake email address, then choose a nick and an alternative nick.

then

Connect> Servers

click Add and under description, give the connection a name, "Herpchat' for example, in IRC Server put ausirc.com.au ignore Port and Group and click add again.

then

Connect> Servers

goto IRC Server and drop the arrow until you find 'Herpchat' (or whatever name you chose), should be right at the bottom, select that server, then click 'Connect to Server'

You will see the connection being made in the status window, when everything stabilses, in the entry box at the bottom of that window, type /join #<insert your channel of choice here>

Happy Chatting :)

Wrasse said:
click Add and under description, give the connection a name, "Herpchat' for example, in IRC Server put ausirc.com.au ignore Port and Group and click add again.

I think you'll find it's actually au.ausirc.net or irc.ausirc.net on port 6667 - hate to correct a fellow nerd though just don't want the guys to not be able to connect still ;)

i will give a go when i wake up tried but way past my bed time i cant believe i am still coherent "almost"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back